Enough- Family Demands Bond Reform After Grandmother Killed by Defendant on Bond for Another Capital Murder


HOUSTON — Family and friends are demanding justice for Martha Medina, the 71-year-old grandmother killed in a purse snatching incident last month.

They are calling for bond reform in Harris County. Court records show the suspect accused of killing Medina, 40-year-old Andrew Williams, was out on bond for a previous capital murder charge. He's now facing another capital murder charge in connection with Medina's death.

Those at a march on Wednesday said Medina's death would not have happened if a judge had not released Williams on bond.

On Sept. 23, Medina was outside an east Houston McDonald's when police said Williams snatched her purse and ran over her before leaving the scene.

Family members said she was getting breakfast for her daughter.

Investigators said Williams followed Medina from a bank before the attack.

Williams was one of three people charged with capital murder in connection with a shooting death stemming from a drug deal gone bad in Spring.

To see more CLICK HERE.


Other Stories involving Martha Medina family:

Family Devistated After Grandmother, 71 Killed-  CLICK HERE

"Do What You Are Supposed to Be Doing in Office", murder victim's family continues to demand justice from judges-  CLICK HERE.

Comments

Most Read Posts Over The Last 30 Days

The Bail Post Episode No. 66- New York's Bail Reform- 5 Years Later With Guest Jim Quinn

Episode No. 65- What Are The Major Bail Bills Pending Before the Texas Legislature With Guest Judge Woolley

PBT'S 2025 Call To Action No. 1- HB 799

The Bail Post Episode No. 64- How the Victory of the California Election in November is Slipping Away with Guest Patrick Jordan

Chicago Has Become a Santuary City for Criminals

Stories by Topic:

Show more