New York- Man Released by Bail Reform, Beats 2 Women in Unprovoked Attack, Then Released AGAIN!

 



A homeless man in New York City who was charged with beating a man last year and subsequently set free on bail reform, allegedly beat two women in unprovoked attacks this month, only to be released yet again. 

Darrell Johnson, 23, has more than a dozen arrests dating back to 2014, the New York Post reported citing sources. Last year, he was charged with assault and harassment after he allegedly beat a man "about the face with a closed fist multiple times" in a Harlem building and then "used his feet to kick and stomp" the victim, according to a court complaint. 

He was released without bail, however, due to New York lawmakers passing sweeping changes to the state's bail laws in 2019 that restricts crimes where judges can set bail.

Johnson then allegedly beat two women in unprovoked attacks last Thursday morning in Manhattan. 

In one of the attacks, he allegedly left a 50-year-old woman with a "disfiguring laceration" to her face in a "violent, unprovoked" attack, sources told the New York Post. 

Three minutes later, he reportedly walked up to a 32-year-old victim on West 80th Street and punched her, causing "redness and swelling," the outlet reported. 

Both women required hospitalization but did not suffer life-threatening injuries. 

The District Attorney's office told the New York Post that his charges in the attack were not sufficient for him to be held on bail. 

To see more CLICK HERE.

Comments

Most Read Posts Over The Last 30 Days

The Bail Post Episode No. 66- New York's Bail Reform- 5 Years Later With Guest Jim Quinn

Episode No. 65- What Are The Major Bail Bills Pending Before the Texas Legislature With Guest Judge Woolley

PBT'S 2025 Call To Action No. 1- HB 799

The Bail Post Episode No. 64- How the Victory of the California Election in November is Slipping Away with Guest Patrick Jordan

Chicago Has Become a Santuary City for Criminals

Stories by Topic:

Show more